Installing ClockWorkMod Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos will help you to install any other custom ROM’s and other apps that need to flash it via recovery. You can install Touch Based ClockWorkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Here is a guide to install touch based ClockWorkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
Warning Before Installing ClockWorkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happened due to using this guide on your phone. If any problem that related to given instructions, we will help you to solve it.
- Use this guide at your own risk. We shall not have any liability or responsibility for whatever happens to you and your device by using the instructions in this guide.
- The instructions provided in this tutorial for educational purpose only. There is no guarantee that these steps will work for your device.
- The steps given in this tutorial is only to use with Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos and the model number is I9082. Applying this guide to any other device or any other model may produce many problems.
- Read and Understand the whole tutorial first, before going to perform the steps.
Pre Requirements to Install ClockWorkMod on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- A Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos mobile phone.
- A Windows Computer or Laptop.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your data in the mobile using PC suite or any other method. After rooting, the data won’t be deleted. In case if you miss some data you can restore it from the backup file.
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Then maintain minimum 60% charge in your mobile’s battery. This will help your device to don’t get switched off.
- And Enable USB Debugging – “Settings > Developer Settings> USB Debugging”
- Then Disable any antiviruses and firewalls in your PC or Laptop. Because these tools may interrupts the process during the rooting.
Files to be download to Install ClockWorkMod on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
The following files are need to perform the process in the guide. So, download the following files one by one. And make sure that you have downloaded all the files. If the following download links were broken. Inform us to re post the download files.
Odin – Odin3_v3.04.zip – (468.8 KB) – Here
ClockWorkMod – CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip – (6.22MB) – Here
How to Install ClockWorkMod Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- Make sure you have installed Samsung drivers on your PC or Laptop. If you installed Samsung Kies software, don’t worry it automatically installs the USB driver.
- Switch off your phone.
- Move it on to Download Mode, for that Press and Hold “Volume Down + Power + Home” buttons together.
- Now connect the phone with PC using original USB data Cable. Because, using other data cables are may giving a not detecting error. So, only we recommend it.
- Then Open the Odin that you downloaded earlier.
- Wait to detect the phone by Odin. After that, the ID:COM will turn into blue color. And in message box shows Added!
- And check the options “Auto reboot” and “F Reset Time”.
- Then click the button PDA. Now select the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 that you extracted from downloaded file of CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip.
- Now, click the Start button.
- If you get a message that, “md5 hash value failed”. Just rename the file CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 to CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar
- If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.